Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks is the most recent version of the Mac OS X operating system. It has several new features and gives enhanced performance. However, Outlook does not work well with this version of Mac OS X operating system. Sometimes, it makes your significant data inaccessible and you have to use Mac Outlook repair solutions to get your significant data back.
The following list explains some of the most common problems with Outlook for Mac 2011 on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks operating system:
- Outlook crashes constantly with the following error message:
“Microsoft Outlook must be closed because an error occurred. Any unsaved work may be lost.”
- Outlook, iCal, and Address Book contents do not sync.
- Outlook windows, like main window, compose message, reading, and other windows are showing differently. You may not read the messages properly.
- The application drops connections continuously, sometimes after the computer goes to sleep.
- The E-Mail client is performing very slow. It hangs continuously and you have to force quit.
When you encounter these issues, you can try the following methods:
- Install the most recent updates for Outlook. Upgrading to the most recent version fixes various Outlook problems.
- Export the Mac Address Book contents as V-Card files and drag them to Outlook Contacts.
- Start Microsoft Outlook for Mac by holding the Option key. It will open the Database Utility and Rebuild the Identity.
- Export all your Outlook data as OLM file using the Export option under File menu. Save the file to desired location, create a new Identity, and Import the data to new Identity.
- If nothing works, create a new Outlook for Mac account and restore all your critical data from an updated backup.
In case you cannot restore the data from OLM file backup due to corruption to the backup file, OLM repair solutions become need of the hour. You can use third-party recovery applications to repair and restore the damaged Outlook for Mac OLM files.