Microsoft Outlook is the most popular and widely used E-mail client. This is developed and distributed by Microsoft Corporation. It is available for both Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X operating systems. However, it has different file formats and functionality for both the operating systems. For Mac OS X operating system, it stores all your significant data in the database, unlike PST files for Windows operating system. In order to use Mac Outlook data on Windows machine, you need to convert OLM to PST.
There are many situations, where you may need to convert your Mac Outlook database file to PST file for Windows Outlook. The most common scenarios for this are:
- Your company has migrated all the system from Mac OS X to Microsoft Windows.
- Business merger has happened and the parent organization wants to use Windows.
- You do not have support for Outlook for Mac application and want to migrate to Windows.
- There is not support team in your organization to deal with Mac OS X machines.
If you are going through any of the above situations and need to move all your data from Mac Outlook, then you have to use commercial OLM to PST Converter software.
Since Outlook for Mac stores all your data in a database, which does not have a file format, you need to first create OLM file, which can later be converted to PST. You can create the OLM file using the following steps:
- Open Outlook for Mac and select Export option under file menu.
- Choose “Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm)” option and choose items that you want to include in the backup.
- Select “No, do not delete items” radio button and click continue.
- It asks for a location to store the OLM file.
- Choose a location and click Save.
Once the OLM file is created, then you can proceed for conversion using the commercial tools. The software are very easy to use and can effectively convert all the OLM file objects, including contacts, notes, mails, tasks, and more.